Engineering Services We Provide
The first step toward successful land development is due diligence.
We Have What It Takes
At AEG, we have the knowledge and experience to see your project through to success.
With the ability to approach each unique project with foresight, we are committed to providing our clients excellent civil engineering services in the greater Denton area and beyond.
Our Approach and Coordination
First, Seek To Understand
your vision, goals & objectives
Visit The Site
and design the project by visualizing how it will fit on the site.
Prepare A Design Drawing
and present it to you to verify that we have captured your vision.
Process The Application
through the appropriate agencies
Continued communication with you is a priority in our coordination efforts.
- Research ordinances, regulations, and federal requirements applicable to your project.
- Conduct an initial analysis of the site.
- Investigate available utilities.
- Determine transportation characteristics and requirements.
- Confirm that the desired improvements will be acceptable in accordance with local building restrictions.
- Investigate drainage requirements based on the project location.
- Investigate any hindrances that would stall the project moving forward.
- Prepare a Concept Site Plan
Land development 101
Creativity and common sense are two key ingredients when it comes to Land Development. AEG has both in abundance. We’ll make sure to meet all City ordinances and requirements for your project while keeping you and your desires at the forefront. Successful and efficient Land Development doesn’t need to be a rocky road.
1. Create a Preliminary Plat
- After the Due Diligence Process has been completed, we take the client approved Concept site plan and create a Preliminary Plat, complete with property description including proposed lots and streets, initial Drainage Analysis and layout of probable storm sewer system, Wastewater analysis and proposed improvements, and Analysis of water requirements such as irrigation and fire hydrants.
- Submit the Preliminary Plat to the City or County for review.
- Address all review comments by making modifications and resubmitting for further review.
- Upon approval by the City/ County, the process for Final Plat can proceed.
2. Create a final Plat
Based on field surveys, including Boundary, Topographic and Tree, the Final Plat depicts the geometry of the site layout and any public right-of-ways and easements.
- The Final Plat must be submitted along with a set of Construction Plans which may, depending on the scope of the project, include:
- Drainage Analysis of existing and proposed conditions
- Grading plans
- Street paving plan and profile
- Sanitary sewer plan and profile
- Water plan
- Storm drain plan and profile
- Detention pond design
- Traffic control plan
- Erosion control plan
- Detail sheets of city construction standards
Land Development – Residential/Commercial
We combine creativity, technical knowledge and common sense in the transformation of your vision into a proposed development.
Water & Sewer Plans
Erosion Control Plan
Construction Period Services
Drainage/Storm Sewer Systems
Drainage system modeling
Drainage system master plans
Storm sewer system design
Detention/retention pond design
Flood plain analysis
Flood plain management
Water and Wastewater Systems
System master plans
Elevated and ground storage tanks
Construction estimates and budgets
Traffic generation analysis
TxDOT access permits
Traffic control plans
Striping, marking and signage plans
Parking lot design
Experienced Expert Litigation Support
As a holder of professional engineering licensure, Allison Engineering Group is available to offer expert witness and litigation consulting services. Our team is highly educated, experienced, and trained, and we can provide guidance and support for plaintiff and defense cases.
When engineering disputes are presented, you can be confident the technical support information we provide is a fair and accurate assessment to supplement your case.
Expert Witness Identification
From our broad experience in the industry, we understand the importance and impact of expert witness testimony in a case. We excel in identifying an engineer with just the right experience and expertise as an asset to your case.
With engineering litigation, the outcome of disputes can hang in the balance of witness testimony. The engineers we provide for courtroom testimony are assured to have extensive career industry experience and credentials and know how to deliver convincing and objective project analysis.
Courtroom Exhibit Collateral
Our clients’ cases are supported in the courtroom through our provision of state-of-the art visual assets. To support our detailed technical reports, we can create video animation, graphic renderings and artwork, modeling, etc.