Civil Engineer/Civil Engineering Project Manager
Primary duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria on land/site development & related projects.
- Make design recommendations, adaptations and modifications.
- Complete design work using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents and estimates.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Develop and maintain project schedule.
- Set and monitor budgets for the project including engineering staff design time.
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the direction of projects.
- Communicate with clients concerning project status.
- Mentor and develop EIT’s and Engineering Technicians.
- Direct a team in the design and production of multiple projects.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Work independently and manage multiple projects with limited supervision and use effective decision making skills to solve complex problems.
- Assist staff members with clients, agencies, subcontractors and design teams on complex project issues.
- Meet with private and public agencies before and during the project. This will include meetings with the public, client, city and county.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and 15-20 years design experience.
- P.E. Licensure in the state of Texas.
- A thorough working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil design software.
- Working knowledge and application of engineering theories and principles, concepts and fundamentals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Proficiency in any engineering management software
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, including technical writing) with staff and clients.
- Analytical ability; proactive attitude; ability to innovate and improvise.
- Planning, organizational and project management skills.
- Intellectual humility and teachability are necessary qualities.
- Must show proof and be eligible to work in the United States.