Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for preparing drawings for site utilities, paving and drainage systems for commercial and residential developments; boundary, topographic and construction surveys; wastewater collection, water lines and storm sewer systems for municipalities.
- Plan and prepare preliminary layouts & detailed drawings from engineering notes, sketches, and /or other drawings.
- Research and obtain standards/codes required by clients and jurisdictions and ensure drawings comply.
- Design and draft using AutoCAD Civil 3D: Land Development plans, Zoning plans, Concept plans, Construction documents.
- Review drawings for completeness, accuracy and quality.
- Organize/maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner.
- Work closely with management and production staff to coordinate effort.
- Ability to prioritize projects, CAD standards, etc on a daily basis.
- Willingness/ability to assume increase responsibilities when presented.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Technical degree in Drafting & Design is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related civil and land development drafting experience.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with latest version of AutoCAD Civil 3D in a design capacity.
- Ability to read and understand plans, contours, and profiles.
- Ability to lead plan preparation from acquisition of survey data and base map preparation through final mylars and record drawings with minimal direction.
- Must show proof and be eligible to work in the United States.